My Besties - January Challenge Reminder

Hey All.  

So this is my first post as a newly appointed design team member for 'Colour It Create It Show It Off' challenge for My Besties using Sherri Baldy's digital stamps.  I am super excited for this opportunity and hope you all enjoy my posts and like my creations.





Firstly I started by printing the digi stamp on to Color copy 160gsm paper, which I find works well when colouring images in with alcohol markers. Then I started by colouring the skin, then the hair followed by her top and then trousers before finally giving her eyes colour and adding colour to the mug.  To colour in the image I used Spectrum Noir Tri-blend brush markers, which are new pens to me however I loved the result I got on this image. The colour combinations used are:

For the skin - Fair skin blend
For the hair - Gold brown blend

The top and bow on trousers - dark red blend
The trousers - brown grey blend
The patch - ice grey blend
The heart on the cup and bow - the lightest shade of the dark red blend


The mug - true blue blend
Eyes - mid shade of the true blue blend
Lips - mid shade of the pale pink blend
Coffee in mug - mid and dark of the tan blend


For the background I decided to stamp straight on to A6 white card blank with the coffee cup stamp from Time for Tea Designs - Bearing Gifts stamp set using Lawn Fawn - Lawn Fundamentals premium jet black ink pad and my small stamping block.  The lids to the coffee cups were coloured using black promarker, the coffee cup coloured with the mid and dark of the dark red blend Tri-blend with the sleeve then coloured using the light and mid of the ice grey blend.

I then cut out two banners in black card - one using the smallest tag from Time for Tea Designs Zig Zag Frame and Tag Die set and the other using the banner die from Time for Tea Designs Mini Frame and Banner Die set.  On the tag cut out I then stamped the sentiment ' life would be unbearable without ...' in versamark ink and on the banner cut out I cut it in half before stamping 'coffee' in versamark ink - both stamps were from Time for Tea Designs Bearing Gifts stamp set.  After that I covered the sentiments with WOW embossing powder caramel macchiato before using a heat gun to heat emboss the sentiments.  To the tag I then threaded a navy blue ribbon through the hole before tying in a bow.

Finally I stuck down the girl image using double sided tape and used foam tape to adhere the tag and cut down banner strip.

Thank you taking the time to view my blog. I would appreciate any comments should you wish to leave any and be grateful if you wish to follow my blog.

Crafty hugs

Julie xx


Products used












Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder