Time for Tea Designs - Bears Picnic and Autumn Scene cover plate



Hey everyone, glad you have taken the time to stop by and check out my latest blog post.  Today I'm sharing a card I have made using Time for Tea Designs products in particular the autumn scene cover plate die set as I have been meaning to use this for a while now just never got opportunity or idea to inspire me.  So my thought for this card was to create a scene of a teddy bears picnic under the tree with them sitting on a rug but as you can see that idea changed slightly.


Firstly I die cut the autumn scene cover plate set - the frame, tree, and clouds in white card and the hills along with the leaves in a pale light green card.
I then place the frame, tree and hills on top of an A6 white card blank and marked lightly in pencil where the edge of the frame was at the top and where the top of the hills were too - I did this to give a guide of the area I needed ensure adequate to ink blending.


For the ink blending I initially used spun sugar and crackling camp distress oxides but felt the spun sugar by itself was too pale so topped it with some abandoned coral over the top.  The tools I used for the ink blending were Time for Tea designs medium blender brushes.


Once happy with the blended background it was time to stick the frame onto the A6 card blank using red liner tape and also trimmed the top of the card down.  Then onto the hills, taking the top layer I gently brushed over it with my large blender brush using excess ink that was already on it to slightly darken / change the shade of green for the hill. I also took a medium blender brush which I use for ground espresso distress oxide and gently rubbed it over the die cut tree element to give it a light brown colouring.


The next step was to stick the tree and hills down onto the card for these I used red liner tape, before then sticking down the clouds and leaves on the tree using Gert's glue.

Then onto deciding the other images to include on the scene - so I turned to my draw of pre-cut, pre-stamped and coloured images of the bears picnic before deciding on the image of the bear flying his kite, the bear eating his sandwich, the picnic basket with mouse, along with 3 ants and an apple.


This card was so much fun to make and loved how adding the ants on the tree added fun to the card.  Really pleased with how the ink blended background turned out and looks.


Thanks for taking the time to read my blog, any feedback is much appreciated.


Crafty hugs,

Julie xx



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder