Time for tea designs - I workout to ...

Hey all! I hope you are all well - how are those new years resolutions going? 

So today I'm sharing a fun card for those who decided to workout more this year but however due -to the weather and lock-down are finding they are eating / pigging-out more.

 
So firstly before I even knew that I was going to make this card I spent some time mass die-cutting and stamping some of my new release sets from Time for Tea designs; the new sets are Happy Mail CrittersWorkout Pigs and Smitten Kittens.  I will share on a later blog the process I use for my mass die cutting and stamping.

 

Once I had decided to use the workout pigs I started by colouring the pigs in using Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens. With the triblend pens I use the lighter shade first, before adding the darker shade to where shadows are, then using the mid shade going over the edge of the dark shade blending it in and going over most of image but leaving the areas which light would hit in the light shade. Once completed with the mid shade take the lighter shade again and go over the edge of mid section as well as going over those areas where the light hits to blend the colours together and getting rid of any harsh lines.

    

     

Once the images were coloured I took a white A6 card blank and stuck a strip of laminated wood effect paper to create the look of the floor, sticking it down with double sided tape. Along with taking a sheet of silver mirror card and cutting it down to create the wall and sticking in down with double sided tape too.  Also using double sided tape I stuck down the pigs along with the yoga mat, dumbbell and skipping rope which I had coloured when colouring the pigs.

Time to find a suitable sentiment to place on my card; after much debating with myself I decided I wanted my sentiment to say ' I workout so I can pig-out' so on a white piece of card I coloured it using the mid shade of the pale pink blend Triblend brush pen.  Before then writing the sentiment using a black fineliner and then stamping a doughnut on the end using my clear stamping block and lawn fundamentals black ink. Then colour was added to the doughnut and the sentiment stuck on the card at the top using double sided tape.



To complete the card I then added some cosmic clear sequins and adhered them to the card with glossy accents - I chose to use this due to the fine nozzle on it and the fact it dries clear.



I hope you've enjoyed reading this blog post and its been inspirational to you. Take care and keep safe!

Craft hugs!

Julie xx


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder