Color It - Create It - Show It Off! April Challenge

Hey everyone,

Wow the start of another month already so that can only mean one thing the start of another challenge for Color it - Create it - Show it off! As always it is anything goes, for more information click here. So here is my inspiration for the start of this new challenge month, using Sherri Baldy's My Besties Gigglebox Gardening Time Doll 3, which can be purchased from here.


Absolutely loving all the my besties images I am getting to play with the images are super cute and so enjoyable to colour. Firstly I started by printing of my image on too A4 paper I tend to print 4 of the each of the images onto a sheet of A4 to give me an ideal size image to then put onto an A6 sized card.  Once I had printed the images I then cut the paper into four giving me four separate toppers, which I then coloured one using Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens.


 


Following that I was unsure what to do next so I took the time to look around my craft area at products I have and cards made which are stuck on my wall along with looking on facebook to get inspiration from friends / fellow crafters.  I then decided to keep the image as a topper but trimmed it down slightly to have a small white border around the coloured image, before then framing the image using elements from Time for Tea Designs Spring Blooms dies and a butterfly from Time for Tea Designs Butterflies collection. 



I choose to use gold and a dark teal colours for the foliage to complement the colours of the girls dress and her blonde hair. I placed them in various different combinations before deciding which combination I liked most.  To the back of the image topper I then added foam tape in order to stick it to an A6 card blank along with allowing it to give the topper a slight lift from the card. The foliage and butterfly I then adhered to the topper using Bert's glue.



The final thing my card needed was a sentiment, I die cut a banner out from white card and coloured it using the blue turquoise blend spectrum noir triblend brush pen.  Before then hand writing the sentiment onto the banner with a fine-liner, which I then stuck to the top left of the card; the sentiment was inspired from a friend Ali C.  Also the use of foliage to create a frame was inspired by a fellow crafty friend Jenny.  So I'd like to say a huge thanks for helping inspire me and regain some crafty mojo.


 

Thanks for taking the time to read my latest blog post - it is very much appreciated! Hope you are all keeping well and enjoying the sunshine!
Crafty hugs!
Julie xx

Comments

  1. Beautiful card and glad to have been able to help 💕

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. Love the colour combination

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder