My Besties - February Challenge Reminder

 Hey everyone, hope you are all well!

So I cant believe we are already half way through February already - wow how has that happened!  Just to remind you all to get your entries into the challenge over at Color it - Create it - Show it off blog, and the theme is anything goes so get those entries in.

So with February's main focus being valentines day along with pancake day; I've decided to steer away from this theme with this card and make a home sweet home card which would be perfect for a new home card, thinking of you or a card just to write a message in to send to a friend whom you may not be able to see because of the current restrictions.

            

                                

So firstly I took a piece of white card and my autumn leaves stencil from time for tea designs along with a palette knife and some cadence distress paste. I then thinly spread the paste through the stencil onto the white card ensuring all areas are covered before immediately washing the stencil and palette knife off after finishing using so not to ruin the stencil.  

 

I then set the background a side to allow to dry fully, meanwhile I printed the Sherri Baldy's My Bestie Gnome image out onto alcohol marker suitable paper/ card and then continued to colour the image using Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens. I started by colouring the gnomes face before colouring his beard then the mushroom and finally his clothes and hat along with the accessories. I also used my black promarker for the sole of the gnomes boots.



The next step I decided to add some green to the background however I only wanted a light touch and not an intense colour therefore I took my large green blender brush and using the excessive ink on the brush brushed over the background not needing to add any further ink to my brush.


The next step was to fussy cut out the gnome leaving a small white outline around the image.


Using gold mirror card I then die cut the words 'home sweet home' using time for tea deisgns standalone dies.  The final process was to adhere everything down and onto a  6 by 6 kraft card blank.


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog, please feel free to follow me and leave any comments below they are very much appreciated.  Keep safe and happy crafting.

Crafty hugs!

Julie xx


Products used:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder