Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Hey everyone, 

So today I wanted to share a penny slider card that I've made using Time for Tea Designs Workout pigs.


Firstly I cut a piece of laminate wood effect paper measuring 148mm by 63mm and a piece of silver mirror card to 148mm by 84mm.  Then on the wood effect paper I placed the larger slider element die from the hooray hamsters set roughly in the centre before then running it through my Gemini machine.

 

The idea was to have a pig skipping moving with the slider element, therefore the next step was to colour the pig and skipping rope handles using Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens and then adhered to skipping rope to the pigs trotters using Gert's glue. Next I stuck down the silver mirror card panel to the top of a 6 by 6 black card blank.

Putting together the slider element you need a penny (well any coin will do but a penny is the cheapest), then I stuck 4 square foam pads across the coin and then stuck another row on top given it slight dimension.  I chose to use square foam pads as I just wanted it to slide back and forth whereas if I wanted it to rotate I would of used round foam pads. 

Then I placed (not adhering) the wood effect paper with gap in the middle on the card where it would sit and then stuck the piece from the middle flat onto the card blank. Then taking the panel of wood effect paper I placed it over the top of the penny with the foam pads coming through the gap, removing the backing paper and then sticking the pig onto the coin


In order to allow the slider element adequate space to move / slide I then put foam tape onto the back of the wood effect paper before then sticking onto the card blank, matching up the small panel already stuck flat so can see behind slider element.


With spectrum noir triblend brush pens I then coloured the additional images I wanted to add to my scene these were already stamped and die-cut using the workout pig stamps and coordinating die set.


After colouring I then stuck down the elements before then die cutting out a speech bubbles using time for tea designs speech bubbles coordinating dies. Once die cut out I then stamped the sentiment 'exercise?? I thought you said extra fries' into the speech bubble using lawn fawn fundamentals jet black ink pad and a small acrylic block.  Finally I stuck the speech bubble onto the card.

 


Here is a video of the slider element in action:





Thank you for taking the time to check out my blog, please feel free to leave any comments and follow my blog.

Crafty hugs

Julie xx


Products used:

Comments

  1. Thank you for the instructions, no excuses not to make my own, your card is fab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to see your make of a slider card - looking forward to it. Thank you for the lovely comment too.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder