Spring into action with a double motion card!

Hey everyone, hope you are all well!

Today I have decided to share a card I made which contains two moving elements and makes me think of a lovely spring day.


To start of with I got out a 6 by 6 card blank from Crafters Companion in centura pearl baby blue, before finding two different light green shades of card - one of which I cut out a slight line of grass to the top of panel and the over a curved edge of grass and the wavy slider element. The grass edges and the slider bar I used is from Time for Tea designs landscape edge standalone dies.


I then decided how much of each grass panel I wanted where before sticking down the lighter grass panel down as this would be behind the darker panel with slider element.  I then lined the darker panel to where it looked right and stuck down just the strip that had been cut out as this would sit behind the slider element.



Next on to making the slider element I took the grass panel which I had cut the slider element out off, placed a 1p coin behind the slider bar before adding two foam squares to the coin in order to stick element / critter to coin.  If I was wanting the element / critter to spin then I would use round foam pads and I am using foam tape to allow space between grass panel and coin so it will move easily. Once I had removed the backing on the foam squares I stuck my pig on a scooter critter to the coin and checked that he moved freely along the slider bar.

 

On the back of the slider panel I then stuck strips of foam tape along the edges before lining the panel up with the slider strip and removing the backing paper to adhere firmly to the card.


Using my time for tea designs over the rainbow stencil, time for tea designs medium beautiful blender brush and distress ink in picket fence; I then ink blended clouds on to top blue panel of the card randomly.

From me pre-cut and coloured Time for Tea critters I then tried several options of different critters to add to the scene but finally decided on the green see saw with the elephant and the hippo on, bear flying his kite and squirrel waving so then stuck them onto the card.

I knew I wanted to use the 'Hello Sunshine' die cut sentiment however it was then to decide where I thought it best looked placed, so by taking pictures of my choices I find it helps make the right choice.  So I took picture of the sentiment at the top and the sentiment split.

 

I figured the sentiment at the top was the best option but that left the bottom of the card looking empty so I added some ants carrying a slice of watermelon and a strawberry along with another ant as if hes watching the others - I felt by adding these it helped balance the card.


The see saw element has a brad on the pivot so it allows them to be moved up and down; the scooting pig moves by tilting the card and he will scoot along the slider bar.


Thank you for checking out my latest blog post and I hope it has been useful to you.  Please feel free to follow my blog and leave any comments below.

Crafty hugs!

Julie xx

Products used:


Comments

  1. Thisbis just adorable. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thank you so much! Glad you liked it - it was fun to make.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder