Color It - Create It - Show It Off! March Challenge - My Besties

 Hey all,

Wow the start of another month already so that can only mean one thing the start of another challenge for Color it - Create it - Show it off! As always it is anything goes, for more information click here. So here is my inspiration for the start of this new challenge month, using Sherri Baldy's My Besties Forest Fairy Doll 2 , which can be purchased from here.


I have enjoyed colouring this image so much that I have been able to produce two cards. I would say the smaller card is the most simplistic with only involving matting and layering paper/ card along with stamping for the sentiment and colouring the image.  The other card the larger one involved colouring and stamping like the first but also involved using stencils and paste.



So for this first card I downloaded my digi image and printed four of the same images on to a sheet of A4 paper, suitable for using alcohol markers on; once printed I then cut the paper up into four so had four individual images.  Taking one of the images I began adding some colour to the image using my Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens starting with the skin, then the dress along with the log swing, followed by her hair and wings and finally the other elements surrounding.

  

After colouring the image I then took my spectrum noir clear glitter pen and went over the wings to add some sparkle to them, then with a ruler and a black fine-liner pen I added a border around the image to which I then cut around in order to make my image / topper smaller with less surrounding white space.


I then took a 6" by 6" black card blank and stuck down using double sided tape the flower backgorund paper, which was taken from a DoCrafts Papermania Belissima A4 ultimate die cut and paper collection and cut down to 14.3cm by 14.3cm square.  I then layered my image on to a black piece of card measuring 11.1cm by 9.5cm and stuck onto the card. The next step was decided on a sentiment, I thought 'let's hang out' suited the image so stamped into on the a piece of card that was cut using a banner die. I added foam tape to the back of the sentiment in order for it to add dimension to the card.



So on to the second card, here it is:


Firstly I took one of the digi images I'd previously printed off and coloured it using my Spectrum Noir Triblends brush pens and a Spectrum Noir peony sparkle pen to colour the wings in.


Once completing the colour I took a black fine-liner pen and free handed (without a ruler) drew a double line frame around the image before then trimming it down. Then on a 7" by 7" white card blank I matt and layered it with a piece of black card (measuring 16.8cm by 16.8cm). 

Next on a piece of purple glitter card which was cut down to 14.5cm by 16.5cm, I took my Time For Tea Designs unbeleafable stencil, a palette knife and Pickett Fence jade vine Paper Glaze which I then spread thinly through various parts of the stencil onto the glitter card.  As soon as I had finished using the stencil and palette knife I immediately ran them under warm water and then left them to soak in some hot soapy water, this is important to do when using an texture paste or mousses with stencils in order for them not to set and potentially damage the stencil.  Once the paper glaze had dried I stuck the fairy framed topper to the glitter card with stencil pattern on, and then stuck the panel onto the card on the top of the black card leaving a slight border.

Following this on a piece of white card I stamped 'have a fairy happy birthday' in black versafine ink and then added a hand drawn double lined frame around the sentiment before trimming the card down and adhering to the card with foam tape. To complete the card I stuck down three medium sized iridescent rain drops using glossy accents,  as I felt the card looked incomplete and unfinished prior to adding these.

 

Thank you for taking the time to read my blog - I hope you've found it useful and inspiring. Please follow my blog and leave any comments should you like to.

Crafty hugs!

Julie xx


Products used:




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder