Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder

Hey all!

So here we are half way through March already and just wanted to remind you to enter into the challenge where as usual it is anything goes, to enter and for more information click here. Absolutely loving the images I've been able to play with this month on the design team, so much I've made another 2 cards.

 


So starting with the card on the left the more complex of the two I would say. Firstly I downloaded the digi stamps and printed four images onto a sheet of A4 Color copy 160gsm paper, which I then cut up to individual toppers. Using Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens I coloured in the one of the images, deciding to give the fairy a tanned colour to her skin along with a orange dress and accessories.  I used a spectrum noir clear sparkle pen to go over the fairies wings to give them a sparkle and coloured the bug's wings with a spectrum noir sandstone sparkle pen.

 

I cut down an A4 piece of super smooth card suitable for alcohol markers to give me a 6 by 6 inch square, I then took the time for tea designs scene it - stencil grass edge and my large green blender brush and using excess ink on the brush I created a grass panel along the bottom.  Next onto the sunshine and using mustard seed along with my medium blender brush for specific colour, I used the middle of the scene it stencil for the sun and rays by doing half and then rotating the stencil to complete the other half of the sun.

  

Still using the scene it stencil this time the outer clouds edge with tumbled glass distress oxide and my blue large blender brush I created various layers of clouds using the various sides of the stencil.  Following this I thought the edge of the sun rays looked quite harsh so I took the mustard seed blender brush again not added any more ink using what is already on the brush, I gently added further colour to the end of the rays to create a softer appearance.

 

With the background created, with the coloured image I fussy cut it out using my small scissors for most and using a craft knife for the inner bits that required cutting away, then added foam tape to the back.

 

Once the image was adhered to the background that was then stuck on to a 6.5 inch square of bronzed core collection card, which I then stuck on to a 7 by 7 white card blank using red liner tape.  The hedgehog, mushrooms and bees were then added taken out from my pre-cut, stamped and coloured images I have ready for projects.

 

However I felt the card still needed more to it hence I added the flower, ladybird, butterfly and grass verge with mouse and mushroom. At this stage I decided to leave a sentiment off the card so one can be added later or just a message inside would be sufficient.


 


Onto the second card: I coloured in another image that I had pre-printed and cut down, using my Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens - this time giving the fairy a pale skin complexion.


Once the image was coloured I then fussy cut round it using my scissors and also my craft knife for inner details.  Using Time for Tea Designs quilted nesting dies I then cut two frames one in a dark pink the largest of the two and the other slightly smaller in pale pink so that it would sit on top of the larger one.  From an A4 sheet of coloured floral vellum I then cut it down to the size of the larger frame before sticking it with red liner tape to the back of the frame, and then stuck the vellum and frame to a square of silver holographic card - cut from A4 sheet down to a 6 inch square; this panel was then stuck down on to a 6 by 6 black card blank.

The fairy and bug image was then stuck onto the vellum slightly over lapping the dark pink frame but not too much as the pale pink from was then stuck down and covered up the slight over lap.  Next I stamped the sentiment 'to a special friend', (which is from grateful for you landscape stamp set from Time for Tea Designs), in distress oxide tumbled glass onto white card which was then cut down with the stitch detail added using a black fine liner.  The sentiment was then stuck down onto the inner part of the larger frame.  The card still needed that little bit extra so I adhered using my glossy accents several scattered cosmic clear sequins, this completed the card.



Thank you for taking the time to read my blog! I would very much appreciate you to leave any comments and to follow my blog.

Crafty hugs!

Julie xx




Products used:

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card