Golden Wedding Anniversary Card

Hello Everyone!

Hope you're having a fab Easter weekend and not eaten too much chocolate.  I've decided to treat myself to crafty goodies rather than purchasing an Easter egg this year.

Today I am sharing a card that I was asked to make - so the guidelines for the card was to make a 50th wedding anniversary card for a couple whom belong to local Lions club along with the information that one likes crafting and the other likes football.  I spent lots of time thinking how I could combine all four elements - wedding anniversary, lions, football and crafting; before coming to the conclusion that it would make the card too busy and a more simplistic sophistic card would be more suited to the occasion.


 Firstly I used hunkydory for the love of stamps - hand in hand stamp and stamped it onto white card stock using versamark ink before then covering with gold heat embossing powder before heat setting it with a heat tool.  After allowing the embossed image to cool I then used a circle die to cut it out and create a topper along with cutting out a slightly larger circle in gold card however while die cutting the gold card the die moved and cut an incomplete circle, so I cut out a second circle this time ensuring it was a complete circle. Circle dies used were from Time for Tea Designs - Circle of love nesting dies.

Taking a 7 by 7 white card blank I then created a couple of layers to place on top one in gold and then the next in white, onto the top white layer of card I stamped Pink Ink Designs - lion stamp along the left side of the card in versamark ink before adding gold embossing powder and heat setting it and then allowing to cool.  I stuck down the gold card onto the card blank using red-liner tape and then the same with the white card with lion on.

With the gold circle I placed the white circle topper on and tried various positions on the card however I wasn't satisfied with any of the placements so I took the incomplete gold circle and placed the white circle topper on top and discovered it looked perfectly placed in the bottom right of the card so I adhered them and stuck them to the card.

The next step was to decide which sentiment to use so on a separate pieces of card as not to ruin the card and to help decide which would look best. One sentiment was heat embossed in gold, the next on a white die cut banner stamped in rose gold ink and the final idea was a gold die cut banner with sentiment heat embossed in white.  Banner created using flag die from its your day die set from Time for Tea Designs

  

I allowed the person whom requested the card to choose which sentiment option they preferred as I thought they all looked suitable; their preference was the white banner with rose gold ink stamped sentiment.

On the inside of the card I stamped 'Together forever'  in black versafine ink.



Thank you for taking the time to read my blog!

Crafty Hugs!

Julie xx


Products used:

Comments

  1. What fabulous images. Love the overall design

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, spent ages trying to plan this card however loving this

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder