Color it - Create It - Show it off! May Challenge Reminder

 Hey Everyone! 

Wow, where has the time gone, can not believe we are half way through May already.  So its that to remind you all of the challenger running over on the Color it - Create It - Show it off blog whereby as usual anything goes, for more details or to enter click here.


This is a card I made for a friends daughters 8th birthday whom loves lounging around in pj's.  Firstly I started off by downloading the digital image and then printing it out via my printer on paper of a reasonable weight and that is suitable for colouring with alcohol markers.  I printed her out so that 2 of the images fitted on a A4 piece of paper.  Once printed I coloured in the image using spectrum noir triblend brush pens and pro-markers.  As I printed off two images I decided to colour both so I could then choose which one I preferred.

 

On a 8 by 8 card blank I then using Time for Tea Designs Dandelion stencil, a blender brush and my distress oxide kitsch flamingo - I created a background of dandelions and using post it notes I was able to mask off bits that I didn't wish to use allowing me to cover the whole area.


 

Following that I cut down my chosen image into a rectangle before adding stars in blue ink to the background using a blender brush for blue inks and falling stars stencil.


Then I layered the image onto a piece of black card stock slightly larger than the image.  From my collection of dies I die cut a banner in white card before stamping birthday wishes on it and cutting into two halves ( I stamped wishes upside so that the banners would be the same direction).  To the banner pieces I then added a pink shade using the blender brush i used earlier when creating the background.  Then I stuck all the sections down to the card blank.



Hope you have enjoyed reading my blog post today, stay safe and take care.  Please feel free to leave any comments below they are very much appreciated.

Crafty hugs!

Julie xx


Products used:
Distress Oxide Kitsch Flamingo
8 by 8 card blank
Black card





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder