Color It - Create It - Show It Off! July Challenge

 Wow! July is here already and in just over 2 weeks time kids break for summer holidays, here in the UK.  Today on my blog I'm sharing my latest make for Color it - Create it - Show it off! design team which we provide inspiration to others and encouragement for people to join the challenge; whereby as usual anything goes for more information or to join in the challenge, click here.


For this card I used Sherri Baldy's My Besties Storybook Fairy Tale Fairy Princess Doll 3, which can be purchased from here, so firstly I printed this image off before colouring in the image using Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens and Spectrum Noir sparkle pens.



On a 6 by 6 inch square white card blank and to create the background detail using my Time for Tea Designs Diamond Burst stencil, Time for Tea blender brushes along with Distress oxide in abandoned coral.  Using a black fine-liner pen I then added a stitched detail around the edge of the card blank along with around the edge of the image topper.


The topper with image on was then stuck on to the card blank at a slight angle as I felt this looked better than being square on and more effective.  The final two steps was to add a sentiment which I hand wrote in a pink gel pen on a white piece of card and added the faux stitch detail to it along with also using a Spectrum Noir clear sparkle pen to the fairy's wings to add some sparkle.

 

I really enjoyed making this card it was so much fun.  Thank you for taking the time to check out my latest blog post and hope you have found it useful and enjoyable as I did making this card.

Crafty Hugs!

Julie xx




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder