Color It! - Create It! - Show It Off! July Challenge Reminder Design Team card

 Oh my days, I cant not believe its the middle of July already its insane where has half the year gone already and the school break up for summer holidays next week and its my eldest birthday on 31st July.

So for this card I used a latest released image - Sherri Baldy's My besties 


Firstly I started by printing 4 of the images on to a sheet of A4 card stock suitable for alcohol markers and then coloured in one image using my Spectrum Noir Triblend brush pens along with a couple of my Promarkers before fussy cutting out the image.

 


Following that I took a piece of cheap copier paper and using a nesting die I cut out a 6 inch square to create a frame/ mask , which I then laid over a 8 by 8 card blank and secured the edges down with some masking tape so the paper did not move. Using Time for Tea Hillside village stamp set I stamped out the tree hill line followed by fence gate and sheep from an unbranded stamp set concluding with adding colour to the scene using triblends and promarkers.

  

Once the scene was coloured I used a black fine liner pen to add a frame around the outside along with grounding the sheep.


Using foam tape I then adhered my coloured My Besties image onto the card and using my black fine liner again I grounded her. Finally I stamped the sentiments using black lawn fawn fundamentals ink pad.



Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post. I hope you are all well and keeping safe through these uncertain times.



Crafty Hugs!

Julie xx















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder