End of school year teacher presents and cards

 So its almost the end of another school year and I've been busy making teacher cards and some of the gifts.  So I decided to dedicate a blog post to this and share some of my creations.



So firstly I made two kingfisher crystal art cards for my oldest's teacher and teaching assistant as I have thought this was very apt as his class was named Kingfishers, sadly I don't seem to have any pictures of these.

The next item I did was to create a framed piece of art work, whereby using crafters companion stamps I stamped the letters S-A-L-L-Y, slightly overlapping some of the lettter, following that I coloured the flowers and foliage around the letters using my triblend brush pens.


 

After all the flowers and foliage were coloured I decided to colour the letters in shades of grey to allow it to stand out.  I was going to leave the background white however it didn't quite look right so I decided to mask up the letters and ink blend the background using time for tea blender brush and my distress oxide in speckled egg.

 

Feeling happier now with the coloured the background I then framed my work before then giving it to a staff member at school that works with supporting pupils when needed.




Then to make a card to go with the framed art work to say thank you, we asked her what her favourite animal was - to which the answer was elephants.  Using my time for tea and pretty pink posh elephant stamps which i had pre-cut, stamped and coloured; I pieced together this card. Also using the off cut of a frame die to create background panel which I then used rustic wilderness distress oxide through time for tea tropic like its hot stencil.

 

Using dark green card stock I then die cut the sentiment Thank you to complete the outside of the card.  On the inside of the card using my distress oxide rustic wilderness I stamped an elephant and they sentiment 'you are Elephantastic' to complete the card.

 





My youngest son has now finished preschool, his preschool was called Roundabouts and so I purchased from craft buddy the color me carousel to colour and built it for the preschool manager.

 

I also had to make my youngest's key worker a thank you card for helping him develop and grow since attending; we found out that her favourite animal is flamingo.  Firstly I stamped out and coloured in the flamingo image, before then ink blending kitsch flamingo distress oxide through my tropic like it hot stencil using my blender brushes on a 6 by 6 white card blank.


 

I backed the flamingo image onto a square piece of black card before adhering it to the card blank using double sided tape.  I then die cut 'Thank you' and 'thanks' sentiment in pink card to work out which I preferred; I finally chose to go with the thanks sentiment. 


 

My final items I made were several small bunches of flowers to give to the teachers, teaching assistants, key worker and preschool manager.  Once I had made the flowers and put a small selection together I held them together with an elastic band and then wrapped the stalks with ribbon for a professional finish.  I attached a label to each bunch saying ' these flowers require little care however if you wish to add a scent to them simply spray with your favourite perfume or oil and the flowers will hold the scent'.

 

 


Thank you for taking the time to read my blog post, hope you are keeping safe and well.

Crafty hugs!
Julie xx






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

TLC Designs - two cards completed

Piggin' Skipping Slider card

Colour it - Create it - Show it off! March Challenge Reminder